My daughter and I first tried a version of these at our local natural grocery store at a food demo. I modified them to suit my needs and they are a favorite in our house. Messy to eat but so delicious. And it’s super quick and easy – no cooking involved!
Don’t skip the peanut sauce as a topping! Amazing.
- 2 cans chickpeas (I used unsalted), drained
- 1/4 cup scallions or green parts of green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried rosemary, pulverized with a mortar and pestle (or fresh if you have it!)
- 2 Tbsp white (or red) wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt (omit if chickpeas are salted)
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 head lettuce leaves, for serving
- Peanut Sauce for topping
Combine everything in a bowl. Serve room temperature with lettuce leaves and peanut sauce. Make a mess trying to eat, but enjoy every moment of it!