This unique combination of flavors (inspired by a Moosewood recipe) is divine! Was perfect over brown rice.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. kale (once ribs/stems removed), chopped
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used an all natural one that is just peanuts)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- 1/2 cup scallions or green part of green onions
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
Saute onion until soft. Add garlic and saute a few minutes more. Add kale and pineapple and stir. Put a lid on it and cook on low until kale wilts.
Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, water and tamari and whisk well until smooth. Add to pan and stir well. Continue to cook on low with the lid on until kale is done to your liking. Add scallions, cilantro and peanuts and cook a minute or two more. Serve over rice or how you wish.