An interesting alternative to throw in a pita or wrap with all the cancer fighting and brain boosting benefits of cauliflower and walnuts!
- 1 head cauliflower, heavy outside stalks discarded; florets chopped and prepared for steaming
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado (heaping 1/2 cup once mashed), mashed
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- additional spices/add-ins of your choosing – perhaps 1 tsp curry powder and some raisins?
Steam cauliflower until tender. In a medium bowl, mash well. Add chopped walnuts and green onions.
Mix mashed avocado with lemon juice and salt until smooth. Add to bowl and stir to mix well. Refrigerated before serving. Serve on pitas or tortillas with lettuce and cucumber or whatever else you wish!