Easy peasy lemon squeezy, as my 5 year old will say. And TASTY, too!
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice, rinsed
- 2 cups water + 1 cup veggie broth
- 8 oz plain tomato sauce or plain tomato puree
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 can beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt (if beans are salted, reduce to 1/4 tsp) or to taste!
- 1 cup corn
Dump it all in a crockpot, turn on low and cook about 7 – 8 hours or until rice is tender.
I served in bowls with avocados on top. Would be fantastic in a burrito, too!