The combo of flavors in this dish is awesome! You can skip the tacos and just serve the chickpeas over rice, if you wish.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 5 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 package taco-size corn tortillas
- Any other taco fixins of your choice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 9×9 glass pan, combine tomato paste through garlic. Stir well with a fork until well combined. Add green onions, chickpeas, and red pepper. Stir well. Cover with foil. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
Prepare corn tacos with some rice on the bottom, then Jamaican chickpeas, and top with avocados or any other fixins.