These were simple and yummy and a hit with our family. A great protein packed patty! 🙂 [Try saying that 12 times fast…]
- 1 1/2 cups dry green lentils, rinsed [or 2 cans green lentils]
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups raw cashews, run through a food processor to a crumble
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small onion, minced (I used my food processor since I had it out)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp orange zest, optional
Bring green lentils and water to a boil. Simmer on low until water is absorbed and lentils are soft. Once the lentils are done, mash them up a bit.
Meanwhile combine all other ingredients in a bowl. Add mashed lentils and stir well and mash a bit more.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Form lentil cashew mixture into patties. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes on each side, flipping carefully. Once done (slightly browned on each side). Remove from oven and allow to cool about 10 minutes on the pan.
Modified from this recipe.