This easy dish is sweet, filling and delicious. Delicious over quinoa or rice (about 1 – 1 1/2 cups dry to go with this amount). I modified it from this recipe. We gobbled it up and I forgot to take a picture…. oops!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch greens of your choice – I did a bit of swiss chard and kale
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can white beans
- 5 dates
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 8 oz can or 1 cup of pineapple
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Optional: 1/2 tsp salt IF beans are unsalted
- Optional: 1 tsp hot sauce
In a large pan or medium/large pot, saute onion in water, broth or olive oil. Once softened, add greens and beans and turn on low.
Meanwhile put all of the ingredients from second list in a blender and puree until smooth. Add to beans and stir well. Simmer on low, covered for 10 minutes or so. Serve over rice or quinoa.