- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped (goal: yield 1 1/2+ cups pureed sweet potato)
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 – 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk, like almond (**The milk gives it creaminess, but I think in large quantities it gives too much of an almond milk taste. I’m wondering if coconut milk might taste better here. Next time I will use 1 cup almond milk and the rest water.)
- water, as needed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp reduced sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1+ tsp lime juice
- Optional: 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
Steam or boil sweet potatoes until very tender. Puree with electric hand beaters (or food processor).
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil and flour in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth. Add non-dairy milk (and water), salt, garlic, mustard and tamari. Whisk and simmer on low until smooth and thickened. Add lime juice and rosemary and whisk well. Pour over drained pasta and combine. Serve hot, preferably with sauteed kale! 🙂