This is a delicious treat perfect for the thanksgiving holiday. I made some modifications on this recipe to make it healthier.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 – 1 cup succanat or sugar of your choice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk, or non dairy milk of your choice
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
Preheat oven to 375. Combine the first group of ingredient in a medium bowl. Combine the second set of ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until just combined. Fold in cranberries and combine.
Prepare a cupcake pan with papers to spraying with oil. Fill about half full and bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.