In my never ending quest to make as many different zucchini dishes as possible, I found this recipe and decided to modify it and give it a try. Fantastic! My 4 year old did not like the “sauce”, so I rinsed hers off for her and then she ate it. This made enough to just feed the 3 of us, so consider doubling it. However, I think it tastes best fresh, so don’t make too much. 🙂
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 – 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced (I did 2 and hubby thought it was borderline too garlicky, but he still really liked it)
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- fresh black pepper
- 1 lbs zucchini, ends cut off and “peeled” into ribbons with a peeler
Combine all ingredients except zucchini in a bowl.
Peel zucchini into ribbons. Add to bowl, stir well, and serve immediately!