My friend Rhiannon passed this recipe along to me to make with our garden zucchini. We modified it and doubled it and served it at a gathering with friends (with compliments!). Delicious!
- 1 lb zucchini, ends cut off and cut in quarters lengthwise
- 3 medium red/orange/yellow bell peppers, cut into quarters (stems and seeds removed)
- 8 oz cucumber, cut in quarters lengthwise and sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chives or green part of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
Preheat grill. Toss zucchini and peppers with a bit of olive oil. Grill on medium-low heat each side until to your liking. Remove from grill and cool while preparing rest.
In a large bowl, place prepared fresh veggies and herbs. Combine dressing ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice and cumin) in a small bowl and whisk well. Pour over fresh veggies. Once grilled veggies are cooled, chop and add to bowl. Toss well and serve.