Yummy and summer fresh!!
Veggie Stir Fry
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 large zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups snow or snap peas, cut into bit size pieces
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari (or soy sauce), to taste
- 8 oz rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions and rinsed with cold water when done
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- handful of fresh mint, chopped
- half a cucumber, chopped
- large leaf lettuce
- dipping sauce of your choice, I used THIS
In a large saute pan, saute garlic in olive oil, water or broth for a couple of minutes. Add ginger and saute a minute more. Add remaining ingredients in stir fry section. Cover, opening to stir occasionally, until everything is done to your likeness.
Meanwhile, prepare rice noodles and all the fixins – each in their own bowl. Place all the bowls on the table. Each person can fill their own lettuce wraps – I started with the rice noodles, topped with the veggie stir fry, followed by cilantro, mint, cucumber, and finally some of the peanut dipping sauce. FANTASTIC!