Follow us on facebook. Like us HERE.
The flavors in this soup were fantastic! I made up this soup to use up some of our abundant summer veggies…. green beans, summer squash, zucchini. Feel free to change up the veggies as you’d like. In the winter you could sub the green beans with a can of beans. And perhaps use some winter squash, potatoes, or sweet potatoes, too! Just try to keep the quantities about the same.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lbs string beans, ends removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 12 oz summer squash (2 small)
- 1 lb zucchini (1 huge or 2 regular)
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 heaping Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 large (28 oz) can diced tomatoes (if our tomatoes were ready in the garden, I would use the same weight of fresh instead!)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, chopped (plus more for garnish if you’d like)
In a large soup pot saute onion in olive oil, broth or water for 10 minutes. Add garlic and saute a minute or two more. Add remaining ingredients except coconut milk and cilantro. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, until everything is tender. Add coconut milk and cilantro and cook until heated through. Serve garnished with cilantro, if you wish. We enjoyed this soup with a side of corn of the cob. Yay, summer!