We needed something that used a bunch of broccoli and green beans so my husband made up this yummy cold salad. Lovely!! Make for your own meal or bring to a bbq to share!
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs string beans, ends removed and cut into small bite-size pieces and STEAMED OR BOILED until al dente (you still want some crunch!) then cooled
- 1 1/2 – 2 heads broccoli, cut into small bite-size pieces and STEAMED OR BOILED until al dente (you still want some crunch!) then cooled
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup raw walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 cups grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (basil infused, if you have it)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- 3/8 tsp salt, or to taste
Combine first set of ingredients in a large bowl. Combine second set of ingredients in a measuring cup and whisk together. Pour dressing over veggies and toss well. (I sometimes dress lightly first and pull some out for my daughter before adding the other dressing.) It doesn’t hurt to not add all the dressing at once in case you want it less strong. Serve cold.