We got home from vacation (hence the fact that things have been rather quiet on the blog the last couple of weeks) and had to piece together some dinner with stuff from our garden and pantry and this is what I made up. I want this to be less of a recipe, however, and more of an inspirations to make up your own pasta dishes! It’s a lot like a cheater version of the last pasta dish I posted.
- 1 1/4 cups cooked/canned lentils (or 1/2 cup dry, then cooked)
- 3/4 cups raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lb string beans (ours were green and yellow from the garden), ends removed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 jar pasta sauce (I love the Muir Glen Tomato Basil)
- 10 oz pasta
- Optional – fresh basil (our basil plants aren’t doing so well, so I didn’t add this, but it would have been nice!)
Toast walnuts in a dry pan, toaster, or oven at 300 degrees until starting to brown.
Steam string beans until tender.
Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
Drain pasta and add lentils, walnuts, string beans and pasta sauce. Stir well and serve.