It’s been a really hot week here – which means cook as much on the grill as possible! Nothing fancy with this recipe – just inspiration for eating more veggies. 🙂
- Potatoes, cut in large chunks and boiled ~10 minutes before grilling
- Onion, cut in half or quarters (depending on onion size), then peeled apart into layers
- Red pepper, cut in large squares
- Zucchini, cut in inch long chunks (halved lengthwise or even quartered if zucchini is large)
- Tomatoes, small plum tomatoes (less than 2″ in diameter), kept whole
- Crimini mushrooms, kept whole or cut in half, depending on size
Use any combination you’d like of the above veggies! I think onions are my favorite. I used to put all the different veggies on each skewer, which looks really pretty, but gives you less control over how long they cook.
- Olive oil
- Thyme (dried)
Preheat grill. Put veggies (one at a time if keeping separate) in a large bowl. Drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Stab onto skewers. Grill on medium-low about 5 – 10 minutes per side, then flip and grill some more. Enjoy!