These are healthy but fun “cookies” that you’ll feel good about giving your kids (or yourself) as part of breakfast or as a snack. Kinda reminiscent of banana bread – a soft chewy cookie.
- 1 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat pastry)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used quick)
- 1 super ripe banana, smushed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 oz (scant 1/4 cup) unsweetened applesauce*
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well incorporated. Grease a baking sheet. Spoon dough onto a baking sheet. You can crowd them – they won’t spread out hardly at all. Bake for about 13 minutes or until browning a bit on the bottom.
*CHEF’S NOTE* I keep the individual 4 oz applesauce packs in my pantry for baking