Follow us on facebook. Like us HERE.
Very excited about this easy pasta. In fact, I’m about to warm up some leftovers for lunch and I’m salivating. We served this with a side green salad. Delish! The original recipe called for toasted pine nuts on top, but we skipped them due to a pine nut allergy for our kiddo. I bet the would be a fantastic addition, obviously adding some more calories
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water for an hour if possible
- 8 oz linguine
- 2 cups veggie broth, divided
- Olive oil, or water or broth, for sauteing
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly (or do all minced if you prefer)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Swiss chard, rainbow, red or whatever – leaves chopped, stems thinly sliced (don’t discard stems!)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
Puree drained cashews and 1 1/4 cups of the veggie broth until smooth – be patient and let the motor on your blender or food processor run for a while. Set aside.
In a large saute pan, saute onion until starting to soften. Add sliced garlic and saute a few minutes more. Add the minced garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Saute a few minutes more. Add the chard stems only and saute a few minutes. Add the red wine and remaining 3/4 cup veggie broth. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer uncovered until garlic and chard stems are tender. Add chard leaves, cover, and simmer until fully wilted. Add lemon juice and pureed cashews and stir well. Pour over pasta and serve hot.