Follow us on facebook. Like us HERE.
Great served in a wrap, with lettuce and cucumbers. Or perhaps with pita or sliced bread is more your thing? Anyway, this is a great alternative to a tuna or chicken salad for a picnic or a summer dinner! It was so yummy that I never got a picture taken. 🙂 Inspired by this recipe.
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used apple-juice sweetened)
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (I used unsalted)
- 1/4 cup veganaise
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 cup green onions (green parts only) or chives, chopped
- tortillas or other bread of your choice
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional or to taste
Chop celery in a food processor until finely chopped and dump into a medium mixing bowl. Briefly pulse toasted walnuts in food processor and dump into the bowl. Process cranberries until chopped and add to the bowl. Pulse chickpeas, veganaise, curry powder, and turmeric until mashed but not pureed. Dump into the mixing bowl. Add green onions and stir well. Refrigerate until serving.