This easy side dish gives you protein, veggie and starch – a big bang for you! I used this recipe as my guide and modified from there!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa or brown rice, cooked
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large bunch kale (or 1 1/2 smaller bunched), stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained (I used unsalted)
- 2 – 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 3+ Tbsp reduced sodium tamari (to taste, depends on if your beans are salted)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Hot sauce to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Cook quinoa or brown rice. Steam carrots until they are just about tender. Add kale and continue to steam until both are tender.
Add remaining ingredients and serve.