The flavors in this soup were mellow but delicious. Hubby gave it a thumbs up, but said that it needed more than just bread to feel like a meal. It’s not a particularly hearty soup, so serve it for a light lunch or dinner with bread. Or, as part of a dinner with another course.
Inspired by this recipe, but I diverged quite a bit.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 cups red/orange/yellow peppers, chopped (about 2)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped (about 3 small)
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped (about 1 head)
- zest and juice of 1 lime (kept separate)
- 2 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups water/broth, based on your saltiness preference (I used 1 cup broth, 2 cups water)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
In a large soup pot, combine everything but lime juice and cilantro. Simmer until veggies are tender. Add lime juice and cilantro. Serve.