Oooh, this is so good!! The sauce on this is just delightful and would taste great with any combination of veggies/proteins. Feel free to play around with the recipe! I used this as my inspiration. We served this over a cup of quinoa (made 1 cup dry to go with this amount). Pick a grain of your choice to serve it over.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp sweet red chili sauce (I used Thai Kitchen brand)
- 3 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari or soy sauce
- Olive oil or water or broth for sauteing.
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 medium/large carrot, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small/medium head of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms (I used frozen)
- 3 cups baby bok choy, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews (or cashew pieces)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Whisk the sauce together and set aside.
In a large saute pan, saute onion, garlic, and ginger until soft. Add a bit of the sauce and the carrots. Cover and cook a couple of minutes. Add the broccoli and red pepper and a bit more sauce. Again, cover and cook a couple of minutes. Add the mushrooms, bok choy, and cashews and the rest of the sauce. Cover and cook until everything is done to your liking. Add chopped cilantro and stir in. Serve over quinoa, brown rice, or a grain of choice.