The beautiful thing about a curry is that it is so versatile – you can pretty much put anything in it that you like. I’ve been making a variation of this one for years. I like to have some tofu or a legume plus veggies. Then serve the whole thing over brown rice. (I made 1 cup dry to go with this amount.)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 – 2 tsp green curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen brand), to taste
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red/orange/yellow bell pepper, chopped or thinly sliced
- 8 oz green beans, ends removed and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (I used unsalted – if yours are salted, you might want to watch the veggie broth or tamari amounts)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
In a large saute pan, heat coconut milk and curry paste until paste is dissolved. Add all remaining ingredients, cover, and cook until veggies are tender to your liking.
Serve over a grain of your choice!