Follow us on facebook. Like us HERE.
Have you watched Forks Over Knives? A great documentary that is available for streaming on Netflix. This recipe is modified from the people over at FOK.
- 12 oz pasta of your choice
- 1 large head broccoli or 3 cups chopped
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red (or yellow or orange) bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup quick or regular oats
- 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk, or non dairy milk of your choice
- 2 cups peas, thawed
- ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or 3 tsp dry)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- salt, to taste
Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
In a large saute pan with a lid, put all veggies and granulated garlic. Put a lid on it and cook on medium (no oil or water right now!) for about 15 minutes, stirring every now and then. Then add the veggie broth and simmer, covered, until veggies are tender.
Meanwhile, use a food processor to grind cashews to a powder. Pour into a bowl. Then grind the oats to a flour. Pour that into a bowl. Add the almond milk and whisk until fully combined. Add to saute pan of veggies (once they are tender), in addition to the peas, black pepper, basil, and oregano.
Combine drained pasta with veggie mixture and grape tomatoes. Taste and salt as needed.