This is a calorie dense meal with all the peanut butter and peanuts, so it will be sure to satisfy you! I used this recipe as a launching point for this fantastic dinner.
This recipe is only for true peanut lovers. It’s really peanutty! I should have saved the peanuts and cilantro for the top (rather than mixing in – it would look prettier) and I totally forgot to add the cucumber (doh!).
- 8 oz rice noodles, prepared to package directions
- 1 cup green onions
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 12 – 14 oz baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used freshly ground peanuts with no other ingredients)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
In a saute pan, add a little water, plus the green onions, garlic and ginger. Saute for a couple of minutes. Add the red pepper and saute a few minutes more. Add the bok choy and saute until done to your liking.
Meanwhile, prepare rice noodles per package instructions, being sure not to overcook them.
While that’s all going on, combine the sauce ingredients in a large bowl and whisk or use an electric beater or blender to combine well.
Combine everything together in a big pot. Either add the sesame seeds, cilantro, and peanuts right in, or use them as garnishes. Top with cucumbers and serve.