Follow us on facebook. Like us HERE.
My friend Stacy recommended this recipe to me. I modified it very slightly and it was quite enjoyable! I wouldn’t say it’s healthy…. it’s got plenty of refined sugar in it. But, if you are going to make something sweet for a special occasion brunch, this is probably healthier than alternatives!!
- 1 cup chai tea made strong with 2 tea bags (make sure after squeezing out tea bags that you actually have 1 cup, adding a bit more water if you need to)
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger, or more to taste – next time, I’m doing 1/2 tsp!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 glass baking pan.
Combine dry ingredients and stir well. Add remaining ingredients, except for about 1/8 cup of coconut. Stir well. Pour into prepared glass pan. Sprinkle evenly (or in a design!) with the remaining coconut. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.