Follow us on facebook. Like us HERE.
My friend Susanne drew my attention to this recipe and I gave it a go with some modifications. We all enjoyed it immensely!! 🙂
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 large can (28 oz) of fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 bunch of kale, ribs removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 heaping Tbsp chili powder
- salt, to taste, if needed (I didn’t add any)
- ground black pepper
- cayenne, dash or to taste
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
Cook the brown rice as shown here. Drain.
Use a blender to puree the can of tomatoes. (You can use some of the veggie broth if you need to help it along.)
Put pureed tomatoes and all other ingredients in a soup pot. Bring to a boil and simmer until everything is tender (the carrots will probably be the determining factor). If your rice isn’t done yet, just add it in once it’s done.
Remove bay leaves before serving. Serve with a good, crusty bread. YUM.