This is based on the Happy Herbivore cookbook’s recipe, with a modification in spices. It’s simple and yummy. I served these with Fiesta Rice.
- 2 cans chickpeas (I cooked them myself so they are unsalted), drained
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt (less if chickpeas are salted)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- taco shells (I used the Garden of Eatin’ blue taco shells)
- shredded lettuce
- any other taco toppings of your choice
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine everything through olive oil in a bowl (or directly on a baking sheet). Toss well. Pour onto a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
Stir in tamari and lemon juice and smush a bit. Serve in tacos.