A great side dish to accompany any Mexican-inspired meal. Yummy and simple. Quick…. well, depending on the rice you use and how quick that is!
- 1 cup dry brown rice, cooked as you prefer or as shown here
- Olive oil for sauteing (or a bit of water)
- 1 small bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked (or canned) black beans; I used unsalted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Toward the end of the rice cooking, heat olive oil or a bit of water in a saute pan. Add green onions and garlic and saute until soft. Add corn, tomatoes, black beans and salt and cook for about 5 minutes. Add lime juice and cilantro. Cook an additional minute, then add to drained rice and stir to combine. Serve!