Follow us on facebook. Like us HERE.
After my failed attempt of this recipe, I decided to try again but without a crock pot! It turned out fantastic!! I was really really yummy and I highly recommend it. Either on the stove top OR in a crock pot (using the linked recipe) if you have a big enough crock pot. You can serve as a soup with bread and salad. Or make an easier one bowl meal and serve over brown rice. (You’ll need about 1 1/2 – 2 cups dry, then cooked, to go with this amount.)
- 3 carrots, cut lengthwise and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, cut lengthwise and chopped
- 1 small red pepper (or half a large one)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 oz. potatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups veggie broth (perhaps slightly decrease the bouillon cube: water ratio to be sure it isn’t too salty, I recommend 3 or 3 1/2 large bouillon cubes instead of the 4 for the full strength ratio)
- 2 cups brown or green lentils, rinsed
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and finely chopped
in a large soup pot, add the first group of ingredients and simmer, covered, until everything is tender. Add the second group of ingredients and simmer until kale is tender.
Serve over rice or with bread.