Follow us on facebook. Like us HERE.
Ultimate comfort food. This is a fantastic, hearty pasta dish! Fantastic when paired with a green salad. Was perfect tonight after a day of skiing.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4″ x 1/4″ by 2 – 3″ strips
- 2 cans cannellini or other white beans (or 1 cup dry, cooked), drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1/2 tsp – 3/4 tsp salt (less if beans are salted)
- 8 oz penne or pasta of choice (I used Gluten Free brown rice penne tonight, but often make with regular whole grain penne)
- 2 Tbsp + fresh basil, chopped
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add potatoes when hot. Cook until potatoes are nearly done to your liking. Add beans, tomato, and garlic and cook 2 or 3 more minutes. Season with salt (and black pepper if you wish).
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Combine pasta, potato mixture, and basil.
Chef’s note: If you want to reduce the oil, roast the potatoes in an oven instead.
Based on a recipe out of the Pasta Verde cookbook.