Follow us on facebook. Like us HERE.
This breakfast requires a little forethought the night before, but is super easy in the morning and will guarantee that you start your day strong! Forget processed cereal “junk,” this is the real deal. (I have a reminder set on my apple devices at 8pm every night to remind me to go soak my oats!)
This makes one very good sized serving. I eat a huge breakfast, though. 🙂 You might start with rolled oats and get used to that texture first before moving on to steel cut.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats or 3/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
Topping ideas that you can add the night before:
- Honey, drizzle (I used to need this to enjoy this, but I have slowly weaned myself off of it)
- Raw almonds, handful
- Frozen fruit – I use blueberries all the time
Topping ideas to add in the morning:
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried apple-juice sweetened cranberries
- Sliced Banana
- Sliced strawberries
- Diced apple, microwaved for 30 sec – 1 minute to soften if you want
- Ground flax seed
- Chia seeds
The night before, put the oats and almond milk in a bowl in the fridge, with perhaps some of the toppings. In the morning add the rest of your favorite toppings and enjoy! No cooking necessary!