A quick, healthy, and great tasting meal. Inspired by: http://peasandthankyou.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6001679
- 14 oz package of firm or extra firm tofu
- 3/4 cup orange juice + additional OJ for marinating for marinating tofu
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium tamari or soy sauce + additional for marinating tofu
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp brown sugar, or other sweetener
- 12 oz broccoli, flowers and stems chopped very finely (or a 12 oz package of broccoli slaw)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut in 1″ lengths (or save time with baby carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups snap peas or snow peas
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
Press tofu to get rid of some of the water. Then cube and marinate with some OJ and reduced sodium tamari/soy sauce.
Steam the snap peas and carrots until tender. (You might consider steaming one, then the other, so that you can get the right amount of steaming time for each.)
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick saute pan and saute tofu until cripsy and browned a bit.
In a measuring cup combine OJ, ginger, tamari, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, cornstarch, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
Add veggies to tofu and saute until broccoli is tender. Add the sauce and cook a bit more.
Top with sesame seeds and chopped almonds.
Serve with brown rice or quinoa.