This is a super quick and easy pasta meal. Simple and customizable. You can top with raw or cooked veggies of your choice.
- 12 oz of linguine or pasta of choice
- Olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans with liquid
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 1/2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste (1/4 tsp salt if not using canned beans or if beans have no salt added)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil or 1 – 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup peas
- raw or cooked veggie of choice for topping, e.g. red pepper cut into strips (optional)
Cook pasta, draining when al dente. Saute onion in olive oil, adding in minced garlic after about 5 minutes. Puree sauteed onions & garlic, beans, bean “juice”, water, olive oil, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Pour the sauce back into your saute pan, add peas, and cook until heated through and slightly thickened. Toss sauce with cooked pasta and basil. Serve with veggies of choice on top, if desired.